Friday, February 26, 2010

Just in case you were not aware of what I am trying to do with this blog . .

This blog is to promote books I think people in their teens and twenties will enjoy reading.
I am also interested in promoting NEW AUTHORS, and meeting authors, and reviewing their work for the entertainment of others.
I know not EVERYONE will like EVERYTHING on this blog.
However, if it is a book that I personally do not think anyone I know would like, or one that I hated, I will not post it here.
Yes, I know mean reviews are HILARIOUS to read, but what good are they doing? 
Well, they are not promoting authors who do good work.
Which is what I want to do.
I am taking this mission on singlehandedly for the good of all mankind.
To quote Masi Oka, the guy who plays Hiro in the TV show Heroes  (go watch it NOW if you have not already), while some of what you learn from stories such as graphic novels isn't applicable to real life, the things he always read 'enhanced his imagination and enriched creativity.'
This, I feel, is very important.
If we no longer have imaginations, we will never think of anything new, we will never think of ways to solve problems, and we will lose our real selves in the tough world out there. It's especially tough for those of us in the targeted age group, we have huge decisions about what to do with our lives and how to make our dreams happen.
And for those things, we have to fight.
Because the world is a hard rough place, and even stories that are not 'realistic' can help us find our way. Though some that are can help too.
It takes all kinds, you see.
Any authors who stumble across this blog, tell me about your book.  Maybe I'll feature it.

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to let you know, in case you haven't heard of it already, that the Book Blogger Hop (at Jennifer's Crazy for Books), which takes place every Friday, is a great way to get blog exposure and increase the likelihood of interested people / authors stumbling upon your little corner of the web :)

    ReplyDelete