Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Misguided Angel- Melissa de la Cruz

So this book is one of my first audiobook experiences in years.  I decided that I simply don't have time to read as much as I want to, so I'm listening to audiobooks in my car so I can accomplish getting from place to place AND reading at the same time. It's quite fun, except when my husband goes and messes up the CDs.

So, Misguided Angel.  The latest book in the Blue Bloods series that is NOT a collection of short stories continues the saga of Schuyler, Jack, Oliver, and Mimi, and throws in some new characters as well.  But unfortunately, there is no mention of Bliss anymore. Alas.

In case you are unfamiliar with this series, you can check out my reviews of the earlier books in the corresponding links:

Blue Bloods
Masquerade
Revelations
The Van Alen Legacy


We do meet new a slew of new characters. A Chinese Venator shows up at Duchesne, trying to discover who killed a Blue Blood student and posted it on the internet.  She has help from other students as well as some of the local New York Venators. This whole death thing has everyone who knows about it up in arms, which would mainly be Mimi, who is currently Regent.  Mimi as Regent is not nearly as annoying as Mimi as Duchesne student with too much money, but I still don't like her.  Call it a grudge, perhaps. One interesting twist is that Oliver of the Awesome Last Name (Hazard-Perry) becomes one of Mimi's closest advisers (this happens early on, so it's not really a spoiler). Mimi is still irritable about the events which occurred in The Van Alen Legacy, which I have decided not to give away (you have to read it, sorry). 

This book focuses way more on the new characters than the old ones.  There's surprising little of Schuyler, and there's a whole lot of Deming, the Chinese Venator.  It's quite a change from the other books, but I'm hoping that the next installment gives us more of the characters we know and love (or hate). Plus, it ended on this HUGE cliffhanger, so I hope Melissa de la Cruz gets right on Blue Bloods #6 so that I'm not stuck in one of those "OMG WHEN IS THE NEXT HARRY POTTER BOOK COMING OUT AHHHHHH!" type of unpleasant states.

No comments:

Post a Comment